All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fifth title in a beautiful series of picture books features Roar, the brave and strong little disaur who kws it's OK to do things differently. Roar books and resources have been specially created to help children with high-functioning Autism/Asperger's Syndrome and those who live and work with them. Just like Roar, children with autism think in a different way. The enchanting books invite children, parents/carers and professionals to celebrate the strengths of children with Asperger's. Roar has many great qualities including honesty, determination, attention to detail, exceptional memory and a sense of humour. Roar helps children move from feeling, 'I've got it wrong!' to saying, 'This is me. I'm okay.' Roar is the main character in each book, alongside a family member and her supportive friend. She uses her special talents and likes to be busy, but enjoys taking a break by hiding - just as children with Asperger's find joining in can be hard work and like to take a break, perhaps by doing a simple activity on their own; routine and ritual restore an overloaded mind.
- Author BiographyHazel Reeves is the parent of a high-functioning Autism/Asperger's Syndrome child, for whom she created the character of Roar. Read the reviews and international comments on the author's website www.roar-littledinosaur.com.
- Author(s)Hazel Reeves
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleRoar Brave & Strong
- Place of PublicationHyde
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4-colour illustrations
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dave McTaggart
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.