All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionBoston PI Spenser faces a hot case and a personal crisis in the latest adventure in the iconic New York Times bestselling series from author Ace Atkins. The fire at a boarded-up Catholic church raged hot and fast, lighting up Boston s South End and killing three firefighters who were trapped in the infer. A year later, as the city prepares to hor their sacrifice, there are still answers about how the deadly fire started. Most at the department believe it was just a simple accident: faulty wiring in a century-old building. But Boston firefighter Jack McGee, who lost his best friend in the blaze, suspects arson. McGee is convinced department investigators aren t sufficiently connected to the city s lowlifes to get a handle on who's behind the blaze so he takes the case to Spenser. Spenser quickly learns t only that McGee might be right, but that the fire might be linked to a rash of new arsons, spreading through the city, burning faster and hotter every night. Spenser follows the trail of fires to Boston s underworld, bringing him, his trusted ally Hawk, and his apprentice Sixkill toe-to-toe with a dangerous new enemy who wants Spenser dead, and doesn t play by the city s old rules. Spenser has to find the firebug before he kills again and stay alive himself.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Parker was the author of seventy books, including the legendary Spenser detective series, the novels featuring police chief Jesse Stone, and the acclaimed Virgil Cole Everett Hitch westerns, as well as the Sunny Randall novels. Winner of the Mystery Writers of America Grand Master Award and long considered the undisputed dean of American crime fiction, he died in January 2010. Ace Atkins is the Edgar Award nominated author of seventeen books, including the forthcoming Quinn Colson novel The Redeemers, and was selected by the Robert B. Parker estate to continue the Spenser novels, most recently the New York Times bestsellers Robert B. Parker s Kickback and Robert B. Parker s Cheap Shot.
- Author(s)Ace Atkins
- PublisherThorndike Press Large Print
- Date of Publication04/05/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleSpenser Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press Large Print
- Weight540 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.