All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a unique look at one of the most acclaimed and best-loved poets, Robert Burns, A Very Peculiar History provides a fascinating insight into the life and times of Scotland's national poet. We learn about his romantic, tragic life, his journey from underdog to celebrity and about his family and childhood. With much reference to his most famous works, Fiona Macdonald explores his profound, passionate poetry, as well as his use of the Scots language and his inspirations and influences. Featuring quirky stories and entertaining trivia throughout, find out what makes Burns so captivating, to Scottish people first and foremost, but also to countless millions around the globe. Fact boxes, a full glossary and index make the book both fun and informative to use. The text is enlivened with black-and-white line drawings and full-colour endpapers.
- Author BiographyFiona Macdonald studied history at Cambridge University and at the University of East Anglia. She has taught in adult education and in schools and universities, and is the author of numerous books for children on historical topics.
- Author(s)Fiona MacDonald
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleVery Peculiar History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.