Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than a century after its initial publication in 1621, The Anatomy of Melancholy was extensively praised and almost as widely read as the Bible. A masterpiece of style and a unique compendium of insights and curious information, Burton's wide-ranging treatise on psychology and philosophy has earned a special place in English literature and continues to interest modern scholars. This new reference is the only complete and up-to-date bibliography of primary and secondary material devoted to Burton and his most famous work. Following a brief biography of Burton and an introductory discussion of The Anatomy of Melancholy and its history, Conn offers a list of important editions and reprints of the Anatomy, together with principal extracts editions. The second section is devoted to theses and dissertations on the subject and the third to other secondary sources. Entries are consecutively numbered and listed by author. Comprehensive indexes list citations by date, topic, and title. Thoroughly researched and painstakingly checked for errors, this volume represents a definitive update of earlier Burton bibliographies.
- Author BiographyJOEY CONN is pursuing a doctorate degree at the University of Mississippi. His articles have appeared in Publications of the Mississippi Philological Association, The Mississippi Folklore Register, and in various popular periodicals.
- Author(s)Joey Conn
- Date of Publication14/12/1988
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBibliographies & Indexes in World Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.