All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Campin is one of the most important figures in the history of Early Netherlandish painting, yet his work, and even his identity, is still higly controversial. The nineteen studies presented here provide a range of new research from leading scholars which will provide a fresh basis for assessing Campin's oeuvre. New technical studies of several of the most important pictures in the Campin group allow a reassessment of the internal coherence of the group itself, while other studies examine a range of contemporary material in order to pose new questions concerning sources, icography and influence and shed new light on the status of many works associated with Campin. I. EXAMINING CAMPIN: Technical Studies Jochen Sander (Stadelches Kunstinstitut, Frankfurt am Main) The Flemalle Panels: the History of Research and the Visual Evidence - JRJ van Asperen de Boer(Groningen University) On the Painting Technique of the Master of Flemalle Panels at Frankfurt- Caroline Villers and Robert Bruce-Gardner (Courtauld Institute of Art) The Entombment Triptych in the Courtauld Institute Galleries - David Bomford, Lorne Campbell, Ashok Roy and Raymond White (Courtauld Institute of Art and National Gallery London) The Virgin and Child Before a Firescreen: History, Examination and Treatment - Carmen Garrido (Museo del Prado, Madrid) The Campin Group Paintings in the Prado Museum - Raymond White (National Gallery, London) Medium Analysis of Campin Group paintings in the National Gallery - Peter Klein (University of Hamburg) Dendrochrological Findings in Panels of the Campin Group - Helene Verougstraete and Roger van Schoute (University of Louvain, Louvai-la-Neuve) Frames and Supports in Campin's Time. II.COPYING CAMPIN Jeltje Dijkstra (University of Amsterdam) The Brussels and the Merode Annunciation Reconsidered - Susie Nash (Courtauld Institute of Art) A Fifteenth Century French Manuscript
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication07/05/2002
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1051 g
- Width211 mm
- Height301 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.