All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA passion for luxury and beauty propels the multifaceted work of acclaimed international architect and interior designer Robert Couturier. Robert Couturier's aesthetic is a dialogue between Old World elegance and contemporary design. His masterful approach effortlessly brings eras together, for example a Louis XVI commode with a 1960s lamp. Couturier's name has become synymous with continental and international style, and he is kwn for composing adventurous rooms that have a witty flair. All his interiors extol the importance of how a home should stimulate the five senses, from the tactile feel of upholstery to the visual presentation of objects that leads a person through a space. The book opens with a tour of Couturier's country retreat in bucolic Kent, Connecticut. Composed of neoclassical-style pavilions, early American guesthouses, and beautiful gardens, the house features imaginative rooms that are filled with his collections of European art, furniture, and decorative objects. A selection of the designer's other projects-from smart contemporary apartments to romantic Mexican villas to a stately English mar-provides further inspiration.
- Author BiographyFrench-born designer Robert Couturier opened his New York firm in 1987. His commissions have been featured in publications such as Architectural Digest and Elle Decor. He is included in the annual lists of the best designers. Tim McKeough is a journalist specializing in architecture and design. He is a contributor to the New York Times, Elle Decor, and Architectural Digest. Tastemaker Carolyne Roehm is a contributing editor to Veranda magazine. Caroline Weber is a professor of French culture at Columbia University. Award-winning photographer Tim Street-Porter is the author of numerous architecture and design books and a contributor to many lifestyle magazines.
- Author(s)Robert Couturier,Tim McKeough
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight1792 g
- Width254 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.