All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Doisneau (1912-1994) is one of the most important representatives of humanistic photography. For many years he has been looked upon as the minstrel of picturesque Paris, with a charming eye and a unique sense of the unexpected visual anecdote. As a result he has been championed as a poet of the pure moment. Doisneau's oeuvre is however much deeper and complex than that reputation suggests. Contemplating his work as a whole, one discovers Doisneau's pleasure in creating a language to capture the treasures of everyday life. The sensitivity and naturalism of his approach slowly reveal themselves: his images of the modest architecture of the Parisian suburbs for example display gravity, irony and even a degree of hard-heartedness.
- PublisherSteidl Publishers
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSteidl Verlag
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width180 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.