All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionWith a strong, vibrant use of Scots, McLellan intermingles comedy with serious moral and political content. McLellan's collected works brings together previously unpublished plays like Jeddart Justice with ackwledged classics such as Jamie the Saxt and a selection of his prize-winning poems. Also included are a Foreword by playwright and poet Donald Campbell and an Epilogue by drama producer Alastair Cording.
- Author BiographyRobert McLellan was born in 1907 at Linmill Farm in the Clyde Valley. Educated at Bearsden Academy, Glasgow, he went on to study philosophy at the University of Glasgow. He finally settled on Arran until his death in 1985. His most famous play, Jamie the Saxt, was first performed in 1937. In addition to stage plays, McLellan also wrote five radio plays, The Linmill Stories and two poetic works, of which Sweet Largie Bay which was awarded The Scottish Arts Council's Poetry Prize in 1956. He was Honorary Vice President of the Lallans Society and Honorary Vice President of the Scottish Society of Playwrights. He was awarded the Order of the British Empire in 1978.
- Author(s)Robert McLellan
- PublisherLuath Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLuath Press Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byColin Donati
- Introduction byDouglas Gifford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.