All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text offers a major reassessment of the life and thought of the distinguished 19th century industrial philanthropist and educational reformer, Robert Owen. In a period when Owen's radical new visions for learning and teaching, adult and vocational pedagogy and social transformation are receiving fresh and global attention, Robert Davis and Frank O'Hagan place Owen's thought right at the heart of the Enlightenment advocacy of popular, democratic mass education. Tracing both the ancestry and the legacy of Owen's reforming spirit, they also offer a critical appraisal of the relevance of his ideas for the development of education at all levels and stages in the challenging contexts of international 21st century education.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Davis is Professor of Religious and Cultural Education and Head of School of Education in the University of Glasgow, UK. He has taught and written widely on the history of education and the cultural understanding of childhood. Frank O'Hagan recently retired as Lecturer in History in the School of Education in the University of Glasgow, UK. Alongside his continuing academic interests, he is also a successful composer and musician.
- Author(s)Frank O'Hagan,Robert A. Davis
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBloomsbury Library of Educational Thought
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Series Edited byProfessor Richard Bailey
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.