All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Plant is one of the few genuine living rock legends. Frontman of Led Zeppelin, musical invator and seller of millions of records, Plant has had a profound influence on music for over four decades. But the full account of his life has barely been told ...until w. Robert Plant: A Life is the first complete and comprehensive telling of Plant's story. From his earliest performances in folk clubs in the early 1960s, to the world's biggest stages as Led Zeppelin's self-styled 'Golden God', and on to his emergence as an emboldened solo star. The sheer scale of Zeppelin's success is extraordinary: in the US alone they sold 70 million records, a figure surpassed only by the Beatles. But their success was marred by tragedy. These pages contain first-hand accounts of Plant's greatest highs and deepest lows: the tragic deaths of his son Karac and his friend, Zeppelin drummer John Bonham. Told in vivid detail, this is the definitive story of a man of great talent, remarkable fortitude and extraordinary conviction.
- Author BiographyPaul Rees has written about music for over 20 years. In that time he has interviewed everyone from Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna to Bono, Take That and AC/DC - and his work has been appeared in a range of publications including The Sunday Times Culture, The Sunday Times Magazine, The Telegraph, Q, The Independent, Classic Rock and the Evening Standard. He was also Editor of two of the UK's most successful and long-standing music publications - Q and Kerrang! - for a total of 12 years. Paul is a childhood fan of Led Zeppelin and first saw Robert Plant perform in 1993. He has met and interviewed him several times.
- Author(s)Paul Rees
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Content Note(2x8pp plates)
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- teumantho12 Jan, 2017by
A Good Insight that Pulls no Punches
I have been a fan of Roberts and Led Zeppelin since the start. This book pulls no punches and is a great insight in to his life and times.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.