All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobert Stewart was one of the foremost British designers of the second half of the 20th century. He and Lucienne Day dominated the design field at that time with Libertys and Heals having a pact that Stewart would design exclusively for Libertys while Day designed for Heals. Stewart's time was divided between teaching at the Glasgow School of Art and producing invative designs for textiles and ceramics. This book is a celebration of Bob Stewart - his life and achievements - as well as a fascinating snapshot of the British design world in the decades after World War II. This is an important work that will bring to public tice the master who, along with Lucienne Day, dazzled the design world in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Author BiographyLiz Arthur is a freelance consultant, exhibition curator, lecturer and writer. She is currently working at the Glasgow School of Art on the Robert Stewart project. She has previously written a number of other books and catalogues.
- Author(s)Liz Arthur
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note160 colour illustrations
- Weight949 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.