All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe identity of Robin Hood is one of the great historical mysteries of English history - until w. Everyone has heard of Robin Hood, the brilliant archer who 'robbed the rich to give to the poor' and who always triumphed over the forces of evil, but the man behind the legend is as mysterious as King Arthur. There were outlaws who lived in the royal forests preying on unwary travelers, and Robin Hoods whose names are recorded in historical documents: but one has been able to prove that one of these real Robins was the individual whose exploits were commemorated in ballad and song. David Baldwin sets out to find the real Robin Hood, looking for clues in the earliest ballads and in official and legal documents of the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. His search takes him to the troubled reign of King Henry III, his conclusions turn history on its head and David Baldwin reveals the name of the man who inspired the tales of Robin Hood.
- Author BiographyDavid Baldwin is a medieval historian who has taught at the Universities of Leicester and Nottingham for many years. His historical research has focused on the great medieval families in the Midlands and he has contributed articles to historical journals and lectured regularly to societies and conferences in this field. He is the author of four books, THE LOST PRINCE: THE SURVIVAL OF RICHARD OF YORK ('A fascinating new theory' THE DAILY MAIL, 'The little brickie in the Tower' THE SUNDAY TIMES), ELIZABETH WOODVILLE: MOTHER OF THE PRINCES IN THE TOWER ('Inspirational - brings her alive for the general reader' PHILIPPA GREGORY), STOKE FIELD: THE LAST BATTLE OF THE WARS OF THE ROSES and THE KINGMAKER'S SISTERS. He lives in Leicester.
- Author(s)David Baldwin
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note116
- Weight308 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.