All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the Robot Universe, and discover the hundred most epic androids and automatonsfrom myth, through popular culture, to modern-day machines. Robot aficionado Ana Matronic vocalist with world-famous band Scissor Sisters explores their creation, design, purpose, and how they have comforted, fascinated, or terrified us across the ages and galaxies, profiling key sidekicks, servants, saviors, murder machines, cyborgs, and others in every genre. In-depth features cover special focus topics, such as robots in art and fashion, video games and comics, and music. This richly illustrated collection deftly shows how we have defined and redefined robots, why they capture our imagination, and why they re here to stay, ending with a look at real-life robots from early prototypes to what lies in our robotic future.
- Author BiographyAna Matronic is a musician, performer, radio presenter, DJ, and visual artist best known as the female lead of the internationally acclaimed band Scissor Sisters. A lifetime of loving robots inspired her stage name as well as the bionic circuitry tattoo on her right arm. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband, Seth Kirby, and her cat, Izzy.
- Author(s)Ana Matronic
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width236 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.