All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMicroassembly of MEMS based on micrometric components is one of the most promising approaches to achieve high-performance MEMS. Two approaches are currently developed for microassembly: self-assembly and robotic microassembly. This text presents a complete overview of robotic microassembly, from microworld modeling and handling strategies, to the design of microassembly robotic devices and microassembly methods. The coverage features micromanipulation and microrobotic assembly, including automation, with many examples. This resource presents an objective view of robotic assembly by eight authors based in eight different research institutes involved in micro-assembly worldwide.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL GAUTHIER, PhD, is a researcher at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), working with the Automation and Micromechatronic Systems Department in the FEMTO-ST Institute in France. His research interests focus on the modeling and study of automatic micromanipulation strategies, with an emphasis on artificial microobjects under 50 m. STEPHANE REGNIER, PhD, is Professor as well as head of the micromanipulation team at the Institut des Systemes Intelligents et Robotique (ISIR) in France. His research examines microscale phenomena such as micromechatronics and biological cell micromanipulation.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight632 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byMichael Gauthier,Stephane Regnier
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.