All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobust Control in Power Systems deals with the applications of new techniques in linear system theory to control low frequency oscillations in power systems. The book specifically focuses on the analysis and damping of inter-area oscillations in the systems which are in the range of 0.2-1 Hz. The damping control action is injected through high power electronic devices kwn as flexible AC transmission system (FACTS) controllers. Three commonly used FACTS controllers: controllable series capacitors (CSCs) controllable phase shifters (CPSs) and static var compensators (SVCs) have been used in this book to control the inter-area oscillations. The overview of linear system theory from the perspective of power system control is explained through examples. The damping control design is formulated as rm optimization problem. The H_infinity, H2 rm of properly defined transfer functions are minimized in linear matrix inequalities (LMI) framework to obtain desired performance and stability robustness. Both centralized and decentralized control structures are used. Usually the transmission of feedback signal from a remote location encounters delays making it difficult to control the system. Smith predictor based approach has been successfully explored in this book as a solution to such a problem. Robust Control in Power Systems will be valuable to academicians in the areas of power, control and system theory, as well as professionals in the power industry.
- Author(s)Balarko Chaudhuri,Bikash Pal
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePower Electronics and Power Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight313 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.