All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $25.03Free postage
- AU $26.21Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1800s, the Fox sisters conned everyone into believing they could talk to ghosts. In Rochester Kckings, French author Hubert Haddad brings their weird and fascinating story to life. The Fox sisters launched the Spiritualist Movement in the US, giving seances for hundreds of people. Then, it all fell apart, and the sisters were exposed as frauds. Rich in historical detail, Rochester Kckings velizes the rise and fall of the most infamous mediums and founders of one of the most popular religious movements of the past couple of centuries.
- Author BiographyHubert Haddad was born in Tunisia, and is the author of dozens of works, including the novels Palestine (winner of the Prix des Cinq Continents de la Francophonie), Tango chinois, and La Condition magique (winner of the Grand Prix du Roman de la Societe des Gens de Lettres). Jennifer Grotz is the editor of Open Letter s poetry series, but is also a poet in her own right ( The Needle, Cusp ) and translates from French. Additionally, she is a professor of English, creative writing, and translation at the University of Rochester.
- Author(s)Hubert Haddad
- PublisherOpen Letter
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Letter
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byJennifer Grotz
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.