All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionRock climbing or bouldering in a natural environment or on artificial climbing walls, leads to new places, exciting adventures, peaceful relaxation and a lifetime of recreation and fitness. It's small wonder then that climbing in one of the fastest growing outdoor sports. Learning to climb couldn't be easier! In this title, expert teachers instruct the basic techniques and skills so reader's can quickly gain the essential kwledge and prepare for a climbing adventure. The book introduces readers to different types of outdoor and indoor climbing. Then they'll learn how to select the right equipment and gear for safety and survival skills. Finally, the book builds climbing technique so before long readers are ready to go climbing! Starting with easy climbs, leading to more challenging climbing adventures. Part I prepares readers for adventure with the necessary background kwledge, fitness basics, equipment and gear selection, nutritional needs, safety and survival skills. Part II builds basic techniques and skills for success so readers can embark on their first and subsequent adventures of increasing difficulty. Throughout the book, expert guides provide technique, consumer and safety tips from their extensive experience.
- Author BiographyThe Wilderness Education Association (WEA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works to promote the professionalism of outdoor leadership through establishment of national standards, curriculum design, implementation, advocacy and research-driven initiatives. The WEA educates people about the appropriate use of wildlands and protected areas by establishing strategic alliances with stakeholders of the outdoor industry, such as federal land management agencies, conservation groups and all organisations that benefit from wildlands and believe that the existence of wildlands is important to quality of life.
- Author(s)Wilderness Education Association
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleOutdoor Adventures
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note215 colour illustrations, 20 colour illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJennifer Marie Hazelrigs,Timothy W. Kidd
- Interest AgeFrom 12 To 60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.