All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRock mechanics is a multidisciplinary subject combining geology, geophysics, and engineering and applying the principles of mechanics to study the engineering behavior of the rock mass. With wide application, a solid grasp of this topic is invaluable to anyone studying or working in civil, mining, petroleum, and geological engineering. Rock Mechanics: An Introduction presents the fundamental principles of rock mechanics in a clear, easy-to-comprehend manner for readers with little or background in this field. The text includes a brief introduction to geology and covers stereographic projections, laboratory testing, strength and deformation of rock masses, slope stability, foundations, and more. The authors-academics who have written several books in geotechnical engineering-have used their extensive teaching experience to create this accessible textbook. They present complex material in a lucid and simple way with numerical examples to illustrate the concepts, providing an introductory book that can be used as a textbook in civil and geological engineering programs and as a general reference book for professional engineers.
- Author BiographyDr. Nagaratnam Sivakugan is an associate professor and head of civil and environmental engineering at James Cook University, Townsville, Australia. He received his MSCE and Ph.D. from Purdue University, USA. Dr. Sivakugan is a fellow of Engineers Australia, a chartered professional engineer, and a registered professional engineer of Queensland. He does substantial consulting work for geotechnical and mining companies in Australia as well as some overseas organisations including the World Bank. Dr. Sivakugan serves on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering and Indian Geotechnical Journal. He is the coauthor of 3 books, 7 book chapters, 90 refereed international journal papers, and 60 international conference papers. Dr. Sanjay Kumar Shukla is an associate professor and program leader of civil engineering at the School of Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia. He has more than 20 years of teaching, research, and consultancy experience in the field of geotechnical and geosynthetic engineering. Dr. Shukla has authored and edited 3 books and 12 book chapters, and 115 research papers and technical articles including 72 refereed journal publications. Currently on the editorial board of the International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering and Indian Geotechnical Journal, he is a fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia, and a life fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Indian Geotechnical Society. Dr. Braja M. Das is the author of several geotechnical engineering texts and reference books, a number of which have been translated into several languages and are used worldwide. He has authored more than 250 technical papers in the area of geotechnical engineering. Dr. Das is a fellow and life member of the American Society of Civil Engineers as well as an emeritus member of the Committee on Chemical and Mechanical Stabilization of the Transportation Research Board of the National Research Council of the United States. From 1994 to 2006, he served as dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Sacramento.
- Author(s)Braja M. Das,Nagaratnam Sivakugan,Sanjay Kumar Shukla
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note144 black & white illustrations, 51 black & white tables, 30 black & white halftones
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.