Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionWith war raging in Eastern Europe again, every other talking head on television is drawing parallels to the Nuremberg Trials. No one suggested war crimes trials after the fall of the Soviet Union for some reason, but w justice is in vogue again.<p>Cultural critic David T. Lindsay has made a career of drawing parallels that one else would ever dream of doing. He's been the most controversial reviewer of music and movies Atlanta has ever seen in publications ranging from Muzik to Creative Loafing. He also runs the aptly named Worrybird company, producing garage bands and all sorts of alternative music on CD, including a wild tribute to Roger Corman, Stock Footage, and distributing Fred Olen Ray's Scared Topless.<p>So naturally David thinks there should be a Nuremberg Trial for today's standardized Rock that has forgotten how to Roll.<p>Or as Brad Linaweaver says, Lindsay is to the music business what Bela Lugosi was to drawing room comedy -- something really scary! <p>With a writing style as unpredictable as one of Ed Wood's movie scripts, David T. Lindsay dons the robes of justice and casts a sardonic look at the most self-indulgent collection casts a sardonic look at the most self-indulgent collection of overpaid children in the history of the world; the rockers who will never mature to the level of one of their own groupies.<p>Judge Lindsay prounces his verdict: Guilty, guilty, guilty!
- Author(s)David T Lindsay
- Date of Publication01/05/1999
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight240 g
- Width153 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.