Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican popular music reflects a rich cultural diversity. From Aaron Copland to Miles Davis to Elvis Presley to Muddy Waters, the United States has produced some of the most influential and beloved musicians and performers of the 20th century. The blues, jazz, and rock and roll - musical genres loved around the world - were born here, and American composers, producers, singers, and songwriters have crafted a unique heritage in other genres such as classical and folk. American Popular Music , a new eight-volume set, celebrates American music by presenting a wealth of information on seven major musical branches. Each comprehensive book provides the perfect, one-stop starting point for research in each musical field. Between 300 and 500 entries in each volume cover key personalities, landmark performances and recordings, hit songs and experimental compositions, important publications, musical instruments, styles of music, social and historical issues, organizations and schools, record companies, and much more. Together, the volumes comprise a paramic depiction of American music and the influential threads that weave among the different musical genres. Written by experts for students and enthusiasts, American Popular Music is an essential resource for the study and appreciation of American music. A seven-member editorial board of expert advisers includes top academics who are also performing musicians, producers, and songwriters, including a Grammy minee and an internationally recognized composer. Each book includes 40 to 60 photographs, a glossary, a discography of recommended listening, a chrology, and an index. The eighth volume, included for free with the purchase of the complete seven-volume set, is a comprehensive index that allows readers to easily locate musical terms, musicians, songs, and more throughout the entire set, American Popular Music is a must-have resource t only for students researching music but also for those interested in social movements, cultural history, geography, techlogy, the growth of broadcast and recorded media, ethgraphy and anthropology, and many other topics.
- Author(s)Craig Morrison
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAmerican Popular Music S.
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Note40-60 b/w photographs
- Weight1084 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byRichard Carlin
- Foreword byKevin Holm-Hudson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.