All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionEssential for every art lover--the definitive new book on Rodin's life and work. With more than 350 pictures, many never before seen, Rodin reveals, in great beauty and detail, the genius of the man kwn as the father of modern sculpture. The stories of Rodin's sculptures, well kwn for their sense of fluidity and movement, are told through each stage of development from paster casts to the glorious end result. A world-rewned expert in Rodin's work and a former curator at the Musee Rodin, Antoinette Le Normand-Romain enjoyed unprecedented access to Rodin's archives and the museum's collection in preparing this absorbing new study of the artist's life and works. She details the evolution of Rodin's artistic vision: from the frustration of his early career--he was denied entrance to the Ecole des Beaux Arts three times--to his first critical triumph with The Burghers of Calais to the twenty years he spent working on The Gates of Hell. Rodin also includes reproductions of the artist's numerous sketches, emphasizing his ability to capture human movement in two or three strokes of the pen and translate his sketches into final pieces that highlight the unique character of his subjects through their physicality. This new perspective on Rodin's oeuvre is accompanied by photographs that capture the astonishing details of his works, often in full- and double-page spreads. The photography undertaken for the book showcases the well kwn--like The Kiss and The Thinker--and little seen treasures, including many of the artist's plaster models and studies. Images of works in different stages of composition, and of the same work in different versions, provide an intimate look at Rodin's artistic process. With these splendid illustrations accompanying Le Normand-Romain's insightful text, Rodin is the new authority on one of the world's greatest artists.
- Author BiographyAntoinette Le Normand-Romain has been Director General of the National Institute of the History of Art in Paris since 2006. She specializes in French sculpture of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, including the work of Rodin and his partner Camille Claudel. Le Normand-Romain was a sculpture curator at the Musee d'Orsay and for twelve years at the Musee Rodin, where she undertook a new catalog of the collection.
- Author(s)Antoinette Le Normand-Romain
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/10/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3685 g
- Width273 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.