All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the infamous gangster Whitey Bulger went on the lam in 1995, the streets of Boston became a war zone between the Mafia and the renegades, with the Winter Hill Gang looking on. Co-written by Mark Silverman with Scott Deitche, Rogue Mobster: The Untold Story of Mark Silverman and the New England Mafia chronicles the inside story of the Boston mob wars of the 1990's when over two dozen gangsters were killed in a vicious war for control of the Boston under underworld. Rogue Mobster is told in the words of Mark Silverman, an outsider from Medford who got inside the mob and became an integral part of the ensuing war. His account is the first-ever inside glimpse into what went on at the street level, why people were killed, and what the stakes were. Silverman grew up in the shadow of Whitey Bulger, Howie Winter, Raymond Patriarca and Jerry Anguilo, bosses of Boston's most infamous crime families. With a Jewish last name, name, his opportunities should have been limited in Boston's Irish/Italian underworld, but he moved up quickly, gaining acceptance across the board. Silverman was made' in the Patriarca Family as a reward for infiltrating a renegade mob faction backed by a New York family. The book begins with a unique history of the Boston gangland scene and takes the reader up to the late 1980's, when a change in the Patriarca crime family leadership started a war bet between the loyalists to the regime and a renegade faction, backed by the Luchesse crime family of New York. Characters like Whitey Bulger, Mafia boss Cadillac Frank Salemme, and renegade boss Paul DeCologero became major players in the complex mob scene. Silverman recounts the shifting alliances and friendships that were torn apart as the various mob factions battled for control of the Boston underworld through the early 2000's.
- Author BiographyMark Silverman was an outsider from Medford, Massachusetts, who grew up in the shadow of Whitey Bulger, Howie Winter, Raymond Patriarca and Jerry Anguilo, bosses of Bostons most infamous crime families. Silverman got inside the Boston mob and became an integral part of the ensuing citys gang war of the 1990s. Scott Scott M. Deitche (St. Petersburg, FL) is the author of Cigar City Mafia: A Complete History of the Tampa Underworld and The Silent Don: The Criminal World of Santo Trafficante Jr. For his expertise on organized crime, he has appeared on the Discovery Channel; the History Channel; local NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox affiliates; local and national radio programs; and has written for newspapers, newspapers, magazines, and the Web.
- Author(s)Mark Silverman,Scott M. Deitch
- PublisherStrategic Media Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationRock Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStrategic Media Books
- Content Note30 b/w illus
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.