All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionKiara has Asperger s syndrome, and it s hard for her to make friends. So whenever her world doesn t make sense which is often she relies on Mr. Internet for answers. But there are some questions he can t answer, like why she always gets into trouble, and how do kids with Asperger s syndrome make friends? Kiara has a difficult time with other kids. They taunt her and she fights back. Now she s been kicked out of school. She wishes she could be like her hero Rogue a misunderstood X-Men mutant who used to hurt anyone she touched until she learned how to control her special power. When Chad moves in across the street, Kiara hopes that, for once, she ll be able to make friendship stick. When she learns his secret, she s so determined to keep Chad as a friend that she agrees t to tell. But being a true friend is more complicated than Mr. Internet could ever explain, and it might be just the thing that leads Kiara to find her own special power. In Rogue, author Lyn Miller-Lachmann celebrates everyone s ability to discover and use whatever it is that makes them different.
- Author BiographyLyn Miller-Lachmann (www.lynmillerlachmann.com) also wrote the ALA Best Book for Young Adults and Bank Street Best Book Gringolandia, and edited Once Upon a Cuento, a short story collection for young readers by established and emerging Latino authors. She is the assistant host of Vientos del Pueblo, a bilingual radio show on WRPI-FM featuring Latin American and Spanish music, poetry, and history. Like Kiara, Lyn Miller-Lachmann has been diagnosed with Asperger s syndrome, giving her writing a unique perspective. She lives in Albany, New York.
- Author(s)Lyn Miller-Lachmann
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Putnam Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.