All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRole Theory in International Relations provides a comprehensive, up-to-date survey of recent theoretical scholarship on foreign policy roles and extensive empirical analysis of role behaviour of a variety of states in the current era of eroding American hegemony. Taking stock of the evolution of role theory within foreign policy analysis, international relations and social science theory, the authors probe role approaches in combination with IR concepts such as socialization, learning and communicative action. They draw upon comparative case studies of foreign policy roles of states (the United States, Japan, PR China, Germany, France, UK, Poland, Sweden, and Norway) and international institutions (NATO, EU) to assess NATO's transformation, the EU as a rmative power as well as the impact of China's rise on U.S. hegemony under the Bush and Obama administrations. The chapters also offer compelling theoretical arguments about the nexus between foreign policy role change and the evolution of the international society. This important new volume advances current role theory scholarship, offering concrete theoretical suggestions of how foreign policy analysis and IR theory could benefit from a closer integration of role theory. It will be of great interest to all scholars and students of international relations, foreign policy and international politics.
- Author BiographySebastian Harnisch is Professor of International Relations and Foreign Policy at the University of Heidelberg, Germany Cornelia Frank is Lecturer in Political Science at the Chair for Foreign Policy and International Relations, University of Trier, Germany. Hanns W. Maull is Professor of Foreign Policy and International Relations at the University of Trier, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCornelia Frank,Hanns W. Maull,Sebastian Harnisch
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.