All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mississippi of the 1930s was a hard place for a black child to grow up in, but still Cassie didn't understand why farming his own land meant so much to her father. During that year, though, when the night riders were carrying hatred and destruction among her people, she learned about the great differences that divided them, and when it was worth fighting for a principle even if it brought even worse hardships.
- Author BiographyMildred D. Taylor was born in Mississippi and grew up in Ohio. She worked in Ethiopia with the Peace Corps before enrolling at the School of Journalism at the University of Colorado, where she helped develop a Black Studies programme. She is best-known for her Newbery Medal winner, ROLL OF THUNDER, HEAR MY CRY. Mildred D. Taylor still lives in Colorado.
- PrizesWinner of John Newbery Medal 1977.
- Author(s)Mildred Delois Taylor
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/1994
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1994
- Weight163 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.