All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a wheelchair-bound man cope with a rare disease after his wife is diagsed with her own disabling illness? The author had been diagsed with inclusion body myositis in 1996 and several years later was struggling to adapt when his wife was diagsed with muscular dystrophy. Rolling Back tells the story of the many ways the couple's lives changed, and serves as a roadmap to guide others who may find themselves facing a life disabled. The reader is given an intimate view of the challenges disability presents and the solutions that are available. But Rolling Back is more than a how to manual. It is also a story of deep personal loss and how the author manages to deal with the death of his wife. In the end, the author shares a unique philosophy that allows him to look forward to the days ahead.
- Author BiographyMike Shirk studied Engineering and English Literature at Purdue University, Marketing at Wayne State University and Business Administration at National University. He spent most of his life working as an advertising copywriter and creative director. He was diagnosed with inclusion body myositis, an incurable progressive neuromuscular disease, in 1996. Nine years later, his wife was diagnosed with myotonic dystrophy, another untreatable and progressive disease. She passed away from its effects in 2012. Mike has been using his Life Disabled blog to share his adaptive techniques along with personal insights into dealing with difficult life challenges. This is his first book but he hopes it will not be his last.
- Author(s)Mike Shirk
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.