All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an informative and authoritative text with over 250 photographs, maps, diagrams and cross-sections providing a perfect history of Roman architecture. It examines the classical buildings of the Roman Empire, from the military fortifications of Hadrian's Wall in the west to the magnificent temples and libraries of Ephesus and Palmyra in the east. You can discover the architectural legacy of the Romans - and the influence their building techniques and arches, vaults and domes have had on the development of classical architecture throughout the Renaissance and the Enlightenment to the post-modern classical developments of today. This book focuses on Rome's influence on the development of world art and architecture, and the building of ancient Rome - the first global city, and a world capital that pioneered a universally adopted architectural style. Detailed cross-sections and beautiful drawings of the Colosseum, the Pantheon and other World Heritage buildings reveal Roman techniques and architectural styles.With this book, readers, historians and travellers can uncover, explore and understand the wonder of the stones of Roman architecture for themselves, guided by 250 wonderful colour photographs, illustrations and diagrams, and led by an authoritative text by two of the world's foremost experts on the subject.
- Author BiographyNigel Rodgers, who has a degree in history and the history of art from Cambridge University, has written widely on history, philosophy and art. Among his recent published works are The Traveller's Atlas: A Global Guide to Places You Must See in your Lifetime (Apple Press); Churchill (Hodder Arnold); Hitler (Hodder Arnold) and Philosophers Behaving Badly, with Mel Thompson (Peter Owen 2005). Consultant Dr Hazel Dodge FSA is Louis Claude Purser Senior Lecturer in Classical Archaeology at the School of Classics, Trinity College, Dublin. Dr Dodge's other published works include: Marble in Antiquity (British School at Rome); and Ancient Rome: The Archaeology of the Eternal City (OUP).
- Author(s)Nigel Rodgers
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication27/10/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 250 colour photographs
- Weight717 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.