All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom rewned and respected author David Shotter, this updated and expanded edition of Roman Britain offers a concise introduction to this period, drawing on the wealth of recent scholarship to explain the progress of the Romans and their objectives in conquering Britain. Key topics discussed include: * the Roman conquest of Britain * the evolution of the frontier with Scotland * the infrastructure the Romans put in place * the place of religion in Roman Britain. Taking account of recent research, this second edition includes an expanded bibliography and a number of new plates which illustrate the various aspects of the Roman occupation of Britain.
- Author BiographyDavid Shotter is Professor Emeritus in Roman Imperial History at the University of Lancaster. His many books include Rome and Her Empire, Tiberius Caesar (2nd edition, 2004), Augustus Caesar (2nd edition, 2005) and The Fall of the Roman Republic (2nd edition, 2005).
- Author(s)David Shotter
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2004
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleLancaster Pamphlets in Ancient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.