All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an introduction to the sources of evidence and the different materials used in making Roman furniture, there follow individual chapters on the different categories of furniture, such as couches and beds, tables, chairs and stools, cupboards, storage boxes and shelving. Examples will be taken from all over the Empire, but there will be special emphasis on furniture used in the rth-west provinces. The final part of the book discusses the types of furniture found in rich and poor houses, including farms and military barracks, as well as the types of furniture to be found in specific rooms. This is the first general book on Roman furniture to be published in English.
- Author BiographyAlexandria Croom's previous book was Roman Clothing and Fashion.
- Author(s)A.T. Croom
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication10/01/2007
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight530 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.