Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionRome: 3 September, 96 AD. Sextus Ingentius Verpa, imperial senator, torious informer and scheming minion of the despotic Emperor Domitian, has been butchered in the night. The murder of a cruel master by a slave driven beyond endurance, or the first move in something infinitely more dangerous? The Emperor has decreed that punishment will be swift and has commissioned Gaius Plinius Secundus - better kwn as Pliny the Younger - to investigate. Pliny is detective, but unless he can find the murderer by the close of the 'Ludi Romani', or Roman Games, all Verpa's slaves - forty men and women - will be burned alive in the arena. That gives Pliny just fifteen days to uncover the murderer. Fifteen days that will draw him deep into an underworld of secretive cults. Fifteen days to unravel a plot that leads to the very heart of the Imperial household. Fifteen days that will threaten the very stability of Rome itself.
- Author BiographyBruce Macbain holds a BA in Classics from the University of Chicago and a PhD. in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania. He has taught Greek and Roman history at Vanderbilt and Boston University. He lives with his wife in Brookline, MA.
- Author(s)Bruce Macbain
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleRoman Games
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Width145 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.