All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionGloucestershire boasts a Roman heritage of great significance; from the colonia of Gloucester and civitas capital of Cirencester, and the Cotswold villas of Chedworth and Woodchester, to the temples of Uley and Lydney. However, recent work in the Thames and Severn Valleys as well as the Forest of Dean show us ather, equally important, side of life in Gloucestershire during the Roman period. This long-awaited and strikingly illustrated new work brings our understanding of the Romans in modern-day Gloucestershire up to date, incorporating the many recent developments in fieldwork and excavation, and showcasing the latest discoveries of sites and artefacts.
- Author BiographyTim Copeland has taught archaeology at the Universities of Bristol and Gloucestershire. He has excavated at Chedworth Roman villa, and at the sites of Kinsgcote and Claydon Pike. He is a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries and has been the Chair of the Council of Europe's Cultural Heritage Expert Committee.
- Author(s)Tim Copeland
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication21/07/2010
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200 b&w illustrations
- Weight530 g
- Width170 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.