All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortraits are among the most compelling artistic records of Greek and Roman culture. In this richly illustrated book featuring all new photography, the 60 portrait heads from the Metropolitan Museum's rewned collection are fully described, and placed in their historical and cultural contexts. Roman Portraits presents a thorough and multifaceted survey of Roman stone and bronze portraiture as well as a brief overview of the history of ancient portraiture. Unearthing the evolution of this art from its origins in Greece through the Roman Empire, Paul Zanker, the foremost authority on Roman art today, brings these imposing, timeless renderings to life.
- Author BiographyPaul Zanker is visiting professor at the Institute of Fine Arts, New York.
- Author(s)Paul Zanker
- PublisherMetropolitan Museum of Art
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMetropolitan Museum of Art
- Content Note350 color illus.
- Weight1938 g
- Width252 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.