All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last half of the nineteenth and the first half of the twentieth centuries, rising secular liberalism led many Catholic Church leaders in Latin America and Rome to believe that the Church was in a state of crisis. As a solution, they focused on improving clerical education by reforming Latin American seminaries and by sending the best students to the Colegio Pio Lati America in Rome. This book examines the experiences of young clerics in Rome and the effects of their Roman education on their home dioceses after their return. Roman Virtues contributes to our understanding of the role of the Catholic Church in Latin American society and the relationships between local Latin American churches and the papacy during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- Author BiographyLisa M. Edwards is Assistant Professor of History at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell.
- Author(s)Lisa M. Edwards
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleLatin America Interdisciplinary Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.