All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Roman period in Wales was of exceptional importance in the development of the country and left a lasting historical and archaeological legacy. This fully-illustrated Pocket Guide: Roman Wales is the first study of this period aimed at the general reader. Beginning with the Iron Age background, this wide-ranging and accessible book traces the history and development of Roman Wales from the conquest to the collapse of the Roman administration and the rise of the independent Christian kingdoms of Wales. It also looks at the military occupation, the cities, especially Caerwent, smaller rural settlements, life in the countryside and villas of south-east Wales, and the evidence for industry including mining and pottery production.
- Author BiographyWilliam Manning was Emeritus Professor of Archaeology at Cardiff University and is the author of numerous books and articles on archaeological topics, specifically the archaeology of Wales and Roman remains.
- Author(s)W.H. Manning
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2001
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitlePocket Guides
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Content Note20 b&w and 12 colour illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.