All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionRomania since the Second World War offers a political, social and ecomic history of Romania from 1945 to the present day. It is the first book designed for students to chart the progress of the nation under the communist regime as well as the transition period that followed, providing detailed analysis of the aspects of continuity and change that can be identified over the period as a whole. The first part of the book looks at the communist regime in depth. It examines how communism took hold and how the elimination of traditional elites took place before discussing the impact of Gheorghiu-Dej and Nicolae Ceausescu, the two most important leaders of the communist era. A further chapter will also be given to the main ecomic and social changes that took place under the rule of communism. The second part of the book goes on to explore the transition period that followed the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communism in 1989, with special attention being given to international relations and Romania's drive for inclusion in NATO and the EU. Romania since the Second World War goes on to assess socio-demographic trends across the postwar period using a range of data before concluding with some final thoughts on the nation's development during this time. The book also includes useful biographical boxes for key figures in Romania's recent history, an extensive bibliography and further reading lists throughout. This is an essential text for those interested in the modern history of Eastern Europe.
- Author BiographyFlorin Abraham is Senior Researcher at the National Institute for the Study of Totalitarianism at The Romanian Academy.
- Author(s)Florin Abraham
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight678 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.