All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRomanian Furrow , written in 1933, is an enchanting and evocative chronicle of a journey made by a young Englishman, Donald Hall, to Romania in search of a rural lifestyle that was rapidly disappearing in Western Europe. Hall set out t only to observe but to actively participate in peasant life and in this quest he brilliantly succeeded in touching the soul of Romanian country life. The friendships he made along the way are most moving. Hall's account of rural life in Romania - which has t markedly changed today - admirably meets the reading requirements of Green or Eco tourists, a market segment that Romania is investing much of its tourism budget to attract.
- Author BiographyDonald Hall is one of those eccentric but perceptive writer/travelers who set out not only to observe but to actively participate in the life oftheir chosen destination. During the 1930s through to the 1950s he visited Romania, Mexico, and Italy, and in this quest he brilliantly succeeded in touching the soul of country life.
- Author(s)Donald Hall
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2007
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrated
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlan Ogden
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.