All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the vigorous debate over the New Perspective on Paul will only be decided by means of careful consideration of the relevant Scripture passages, Romans 4 and the New Perspective on Paul makes a significant contribution to the discussion. Interpretations by scholars promoting the New Perspective approach are reviewed in detail and contrasted with those of scholars who are critical toward this method. A detailed analysis of the context and exegesis of Romans 4 completes the work. By suggesting a more nuanced exegesis of Romans 4, this book is able to offer a careful critique of the New Perspective while still ting the positive aspects of the latter approach.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Gerhard H. Visscher is Professor of New Testament Studies at the Theological College of the Canadian Reformed Churches in Hamilton, Canada. He earned a Ph.D. in early Christianity from the Department of Religious Studies at McMaster University in Hamilton, Canada, a Th.D. from the Theological University of the Reformed Churches in Kampen, the Netherlands, and a M.Div. from the Theological College of the Canadian Reformed Churches in Hamilton, Canada.
- Author(s)Gerhard H. Visscher
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number122
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.