Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCobb and Lull provide a fresh look at the book of Romans, unique from other interpretations in three ways. First, they interpret Romans as concerned with community salvation rather than focused on individual salvation. Second, they see its theme as God's righteousness stemming from Jesus' faithfulness, t individual beliefs. And third, Cobb and Lull approach the book of Romans more theologically than exegetically. They seek the function of the theological findings for Paul's day and for ours. The authors take the position that Paul's teachings have been misrepresented, particularly his thoughts regarding patterns of morality, especially those focused on homosexual acts and the subordination of women to men. They claim that when Paul is more accurately read, there is much in his writings of which today's church stands in dire need. Lastly, Cobb and Lull explore the book of Romans through nineteen theses: evil, sexual excess, legalism, life in the Spirit, salvation, Jesus' death, justification by faith alone, faithfulness, Jesus's faithfulness and our salvation, Jesus and Paul, election and predestination, God's wrath and judgment, mutual immanence, the future, Christians and Jews, individualism and salvation history, hierarchical institutions, and ecomical and political issues.
- Author BiographyJohn Cobb Jr. is Ingraham Professor of Theology, emeritus, at Claremont School of Theology. He is the author of more than twenty books, including The Process Perspective and Lay Theology, from Chalice Press. David Lull is Professor of New Testament at the Wartburg Theological Seminary and an ordained elder in the United Methodist Church; formerly the director of the Bible Translation and Utilization program of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A., executive director of the Society of Biblical Literature, and associate professor of New Testament at the Yale University Divinity School.
- Author(s)David J. Lull,John B. Jr. Cobb
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis, MO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.