Romantic Prairie Style Cookbook: Field-fresh Recipes and Home-spun Settings by Fifi O'Neill (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.78+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique collection of recipes that are a true reflection of the traditional prairie way of life, where the flavourful, hearty dishes that appeared on the table featured ingredients picked only a few hours ago from the vegetable garden or gathered from the adjoining fields. The Romantic Prairie Cookbook champions environmental harmony and celebrates the land by using homegrown flavourful ingredients taken directly from fields to table, as was customary centuries ago when living off the land and home cooking were essential to survival. This time-houred tradition brings to the forefront the unique talents of a collection of artisanal qualities - from gardening to harvesting, baking, cheese making, preserving, pickling and more. Author Fifi O'Neill has travelled from farm to farm, homestead to homestead, gathering together this unique collection of recipes that are a true reflection of the prairie way of life. These recipes showcase the home cooks' and artisans' passion and respect for creating healthy, tasty and satisfying dishes. Here you will find recipes to suit all occasions, from picnics to enjoy in the height of summer to warming dishes to ward off winter chills, from springtime delights that celebrate the return of fresh produce to suggestions for making the most of an abundant autumnal harvest. There are recipes that have been handed down through the generations, and new twists on old classics. Whether you grow your own fruits and vegetables or enjoy buying seasonal, local produce from farmers' markets and roadside stands, The Romantic Prairie Cookbook is sure to include recipes to inspire and dishes that will soon become your own family favourites.
- Author BiographyFifi O'Neill is an editor, writer and photo stylist. She has produced numerous features on home decorating, food and gardening for American and European magazines, such as Coastal Living, Country Living (USA), Casa Romantica, Case Antichi (Italy) and many more. Though she now lives in Florida and her work takes her from coast to coast and across Europe, her heart belongs to the prairie with its enduring aura of romance and nostalgia.
- Author(s)Fifi O'Neill
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.