All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of Romanticism: An Anthology is widely regarded as the most comprehensive collection available of poetry and prose by the British Romantics. This magnificent Anthology is w available as a package with David Miall and Duncan Wu's revolutionary Romanticism: The CD-ROM.Both works reflect recent developments in Romantic scholarship, particularly in the expansion of the literary can. Alongside unabridged texts from canical writers are works by women and writers in other genres, including political and philosophical writers, diarists, painters, broadside-balladeers, reviewers and letter-writers.Additions for the second edition of the Anthology include Wordsworth's The Ruined Cottage, The Pedlar, Michael, The Brothers, and extracts from The Five-Book Prelude, and the Fourteen-Book Prelude; Coleridge's This Lime-Tree Bower My Prison, Kubla Khan, The Pains of Sleep, Dejection: An Ode, The Eolian Harp, and Frost at Midnight; Byron's Stanzas to Augusta, Epistle to Augusta and Don Juan Canto II. Substantial editorial material includes an introduction exploring the phemen of romanticism; detailed antations and author headtes providing biographical details; lists of significant recent criticism and in many cases brief critical introductions.The unique, easy to use CD-ROM both incorporates the anthology (in its first edition, including Wordsworth's Prelude (1805) in its entirety) and provides substantial selections from over ninety other writers. Built-in hypertext links enable readers to experience the intertextuality of writing during this period and understand the cultural context in which the texts were created.The CD-ROM offers a huge range of resources including: More than 1200 high-quality graphics, including illustrations, prints and paintings; scenes from the English Lake District, the Alps, and the ruins of Rome and Pompeii; photographs of landscapes and detailed maps. Chrologies. A biographic dictionary of the key figures of the period. A 'tours' feature, which enables teachers or students to build their own routes through the CD-ROM or to take preset introductory tours e.g. through 'slavery'. Romanticism: An Anthology with CD-ROM is the most exciting resource available for students and researchers discovering the Romantic Period.
- Author BiographyDuncan Wu is a Fellow of St Catherine's College, Oxford, and University Lecturer in English Literature. His numerous publications include A Companion to Romanticism (1997) Romanticism: A Critical Reader (1995), Romantic Women Poets: An Anthology (1997), an edition of William Wordsworth's The Five-Book Prelude (1997) and, with Tom Paulin, of William Hazlitt's The Plain-Speaker: Key Essays (1998), all available from Blackwell Publishers. He is also the editor of a nine volume edition of The Selected Writings of William Hazlitt (1998). David Miall is Professor of English at the University of Alberta. His publications include Humanities and the Computer: New Directions (1990), and numerous essays on Romantic writers, literary computing and hypertext, reader response, and the teaching of English.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2000
- Series TitleBlackwell Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Out-of-print date15/02/2006
- Content Note0
- Weight1557 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Miall,Duncan Wu
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd New edition of Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.