All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionIntroductions to British Literature and Culture provide practical guides to key literary periods. Guides in the series help to orientate students as they begin a new module or area of study, providing concise information on the historical, cultural, literary and critical context and acting as an initial map of the kwledge needed to study the literature and culture of a specific period. This accessible introduction to Romanticism and its contexts from 1780-1820 includes: an overview of the historical, cultural and intellectual background including the romantic movement in culture, political upheaval, philosophy and religion and scientific development; a survey of the developments in key genres including discussion of major writers such as Blake, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Keats, Shelley, Byron, Wollstonecraft, Hemans and Smith; concise explanations of key terms needed to understand the literature and criticism; a guide to key critical approaches; a chrology mapping historical events and literary works; and guided further reading including websites and electronic resources.
- Author BiographySharon Ruston is Lecturer in English Literature at the University of Wales, Bangor. She is the author of Shelley and Vitality (Palgrave 2005).
- Author(s)Sharon Ruston
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleIntroductions to British Literature and Culture S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.