All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionFrom obscure Neolithic pastoral village to capital of the world, the history of ancient Rome is t merely one of the most incredible adventures of mankind, but constitutes the start of an uninterrupted bridge between the dawn of Italic civilization and the modern West. In its 1200 years of existence, the city founded on the values established by Romulus' patres, has expanded and diversified its influence incessantly and in all spheres, progressively absorbing people and customs, ideas, techniques and beliefs. This journey to the origins of the present is a pictorial representation of the development of the Roman world in the light of the historical, urbanistic, architectural and artistic aspects that characterized the main periods of this extraordinary civilization, from its formative years to the crisis of the 5th century BC, following the conquests of Rome: the Italian peninsula, the Mediterranean and the Hellenic East. A vast icography, consisting of photographs, reconstructions and plans, accompanies the text, written by an ackwledged authority in the field of Italic archaeology, which helps to clarify the dynamics of the exceptional development of the Roman world.
- Author BiographyMARIA TERESA GUAITOLI is a researcher in classical archaeology at the Archaeology Department (Faculty of Literature and Philosophy) of the University of Bologna and a course lecturer in Archaeological Museology. She has participated in numerous archaeological excavations, covering periods from protohistory to the Middle Ages, collaborating with the Archaeological Superintendency of Emilia Romagna, Veneto and Puglia.
- Author(s)Maria Teresa Guaitoli
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication29/03/2012
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Content Note232 colour photographs
- Width225 mm
- Height255 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.