All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo accompany the Romeo & Juliet graphic vels from Classical Comics and to help with their application in the classroom, this book is spiral-bound, making the pages easy to photocopy, and includes a CD-ROM with the pages in PDF format, ideal for whole-class teaching on whiteboards, laptops, etc or for direct digital printing. Written by a teacher, for teachers, helping to engage and involve students in Shakespeare's play. Suitable for teaching ages 10-17, this book provides exercises that cover structure, listening, understanding, motivation and character as well as key words, themes and literary techniques. Although the majority of the tasks focus on the use of language and comprehension, there are also many cross-curriculum topics, covering areas within history, ICT, drama, reading, speaking, writing and art. An extensive Educational Links section provides further study opportunities. Devised to encompass a broad range of skill levels, this book provides many opportunities for differentiated teaching and the tailoring of lessons to meet individual needs. Includes a CD-ROM. This resource can be used alongside the Classical Comics adaptation of Romeo & Juliet as well as any traditional text. In fact, many of the activities can stand on their own as introductions to the world of Shakespeare.
- Author BiographyIan McNeilly has taught English in a variety of secondary schools and sixth forms both in the UK and overseas. He currently teaches part-time at Brantwood School in Sheffield. Ian, who holds a Masters degree in Literature Studies, has been Head of Department and an examiner for Cambridge International Examinations. His other role as Director for the National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE) - the professional body for all those working in English education - ensures his involvement with curriculum developments and you might read Ian's comments on education matters in the national press.
- Author(s)Ian McNeilly
- PublisherClassical Comics
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleClassical Comics Teaching Resource Pack
- Place of PublicationLUDLOW
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClassical Comics
- Content Note99
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byClive Bryant
- Illustrator(s)Will Volley,Jim Devlin
- Contained items statementContains Spiral bound and CD-ROM
- Edition StatementBritish English ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.