All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPlanning a school or amateur Shakespeare production? The best way to experience the plays is to perform them, but getting started can be a challenge: The complete plays are too long and complex, while scene selections or simplified language are too limited. The 30-Minute Shakespeare is a new series of abridgements that tell the story of each play from start to finish while keeping the beauty of Shakespeare s language intact. Specific stage directions and character suggestions give even inexperienced actors the tools to perform Shakespeare with confidence, understanding, and fun!This cutting of ROMEO AND JULIET is edited to four key scenes, starting with the lyrical prologue and the foreboding opening brawl, which is played out in slow motion to music. Also included are the timeless balcony scene; the harsh scolding of Juliet by her father; and the final moments at the tomb.The edition also includes an essay by editor Nick Newlin on how to produce a Shakespeare play with vice actors, and tes about the original production of this abridgement at the Folger Shakespeare Library's annual Student Shakespeare Festival.
- Author BiographyNick Newlin has performed a juggling and variety act for international audiences for 23 years. Since 1996, he has conducted an annual Play Directing residency affiliated with the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, DC. Nick has a BA from Harvard University with Honors 1982 and an MA in Theater from The University of Maryland with an emphasis on Play Directing.
- Author(s)William Shakespeare
- PublisherNicolo Whimsey Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleFolger Shakespeare Library
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNicolo Whimsey Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byNick Newlin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.