All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'One loses all sense of time here. The battles for the last positions before Alexandria are hard. Was several days in the front line and lived in the car or hole in the ground. Enemy air force gave us trouble. Nonetheless I hope to succeed.' In this compelling book, Erwin Rommel - one of the most successful commanders of World War II, and certainly the most well-kwn - writes about his views on the philosophy of warfare, battles, leaders, and the progresss of both world wars. A complete picture of how a military genius grappled with war is presented through Rommel's accounts of his experiences as a soldier in World War I, and through translated extracts from letters, orders and the narratives of daily action in World War II that he dictated each evening. The commentary by Dr John Pimlott sets Rommel's words in context, describing the background to the general's ideas and explaining how his plans were affected and altered by external circumstances. The result is an outstanding objective insight into Rommel's military career, illustrated with photographs, many of which were taken by Rommel himself.
- Author BiographyDr John Pimlott was Head of the Department of War Studies at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, UK until his death in 1997. His books include Guerrilla Warfare, Vietnam: The History and Tactics and the Guinness History of the British Army.
- PublisherAmber Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmber Books Ltd
- Content Note110 b/w photos
- Width189 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byJohn Pimlott
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.