All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionSince the original series of Practical Building Conservation appeared in 1988, it has become a standard reference for those caring for historic buildings large and small: essential reading for architects, surveyors and building managers, as well as conservators. This new and much expanded set of 10 volumes has been updated to provide a fully comprehensive reference featuring the latest techniques and materials. English Heritage is rewned for its expertise in the conservation of buildings, gardens and archaeological sites and these books are an accessible distillation of many years of experience. The look in detail at building materials ranging from the ancient to the modern and are studded throughout with practical advice.
- Author BiographyThe contents reflect the work of the Building Conservation and Research Team, their colleagues at Historic England, and their consultants and researchers, who together have many decades of accumulated experience in dealing with deteriorating building materials and systems of all types. This multi-disciplinary team of architects, surveyors, conservators and scientists are responsible for standard setting and research across a wide range of Historic England activities. The team specialises in dealing with the practical, technical and scientific aspects of building materials decay and their treatment. The aim has been to provide practical advice by advocating a common approach of firstly understanding the material or building element and why it is deteriorating, and then dealing with the causes. The books concentrate on those aspects which are significant in conservation terms, and reflect the requests for information received by Historic England.
- Author(s)English Heritage,Historic England
- PublisherAshgate Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitlePractical Building Conservation
- Place of PublicationAldershot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Weight2290 g
- Width220 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.