All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEndgames with kings, rooks and pawns are by far the most common type - it is estimated that rook endgames are reached in nearly one in five of all chess games. It's clear that a firm understanding of them is required in order to become self-assured in this typical phase of the game. And yet it is exactly this area in which many players drop precious points or half-points through a lack of either technique or understanding. In this easy-to-read guide, Grandmaster and well-kwn endgames expert Chris Ward begins with the absolute fundamentals of rook endgames. He gradually arms the reader with the indispensable kwledge and confidence needed to move onto slightly trickier positions. Using examples from practical play, Ward highlights the correct plans as well as the typical mistakes made by both attacker and defender. As is commonplace with the rewned Starting Out series, there are an abundance of tes, tips and warnings throughout the book to help the improving player. Starting Out: Rook Endgames is perfect for those who have previously honed their chess skills with the earlier books Starting Out in Chess , Tips for Young Players and Improve Your Endgame Play . This book covers all crucial rook endings. It is an easy step-by-step guide to better endgame play. Ideal for the improving player, the user-friendly layout helps readers absorb the key ideas.
- Author BiographyChris Ward is a Grandmaster and a former British Champion. He is also a highly successful coach and a popular author thanks to his attractive and humorous style. His earlier works for Everyman include Starting Out: The Nimzo-Indian and the very popular It's Your Move series.
- Author(s)Chris Ward
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication05/03/2005
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleStarting Out Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $79.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.