All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRook, Rhyme & Sinker - second book in the Ernie Bisquets Mystery Series. The discovery of a hoard of ivory chessmen on the Isle of Lewis in 1831 still commands the attention of scholars and museum patrons in modern-day London, but the police are more concerned with the connection an additional piece has with a body that just bobbed up in the Regents Canal. Just when Ernie Bisquets, a reformed London pickpocket, was settling into his new life with the East London Adventurers Club, his daily routine is interrupted by the apparent suicide of an old school mate. What surprises him even more was the bequeath left to him by the deceased-an old nursery rhyme and one of the lost Lewis Chessmen. Confused about the connection, the group starts to investigate the circumstances surrounding the death. They soon find it was murder, which leads to the discovery of a second hoard of these enigmatic little figures hidden in a St. Ives bridge. What they didn't realize was an unscrupulous antique dealer, who has been searching for this lost hoard for decades, is shadowing their every move. It's evident more blood will be spilled if they are to solve the murder and keep these pieces from falling into the wrong hands. Ernie Bisquets, Lily Jean Corbitt and Nigel Coats have returned in the second Ernie Bisquets Mystery, greeted by an even more treacherous group of characters than they came across in the first book. Follow them as they dodge murder and mayhem in Rook, Rhyme & Sinker.
- Author BiographyMichael is a classically trained artist who has been painting for over 25 years. By combining his creative talents with a passion for art and antiquities he conceived the fictional world of the East London Adventurers Club, home to The Ernie Bisquets Mystery Series. As of January 2012, Michael has completed 2 books in the series and is finalizing the third. He has plans for at least five additional books following the adventurers of this remarkable group of London irregulars. His short story Oranges and Lemons was recently published in Suspense Magazine, January 2011. Michael is a proud member of the Crime Writer's Association.
- Author(s)R Michael Phillips
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.