All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe two men also developed an extraordinary personal relationship -communicating almost daily by telegram, telephone, personal meetings, or through intermediaries that lasted until FDR1s death on April 12, 1945, just hours before American and British troops liberated Buchenwald and Bergen-Belsen. Stafford dispels much of the sentimental mythology surrounding the almost legendary relationship and reveals how, despite mutual trust, each man guarded kwledge from the other in pursuit of separate national interests, while at the same time building a joint intelligence structure.
- Author BiographyDavid Stafford, a former diplomat and Project Director of the Centre for Second World War Studies at the University of Edinburgh, is the author of Spies Beneath Berlin and Secret Agent, published by Overlook.
- Author(s)David Stafford
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication29/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width146 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.