All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe movement to buy locally, which has gained momentum in the areas of produce and food, is w spreading to arts and crafts. Through the work of over seventy contemporary furniture makers, the role of place in the creative process is explored and celebrated. Whether in terms of materials, inspiration, or the interaction with customers, these artists are rooted in their surroundings. What springs from these roots is usually unique, often edgy, and always beautiful furniture and accessories. Over 150 examples of their work are shown in full color, with ample detail photographs so the reader gets an intimate look at the skill and artistic instincts of these makers. Essays by furniture makers and leaders in the craft world amplify the visual feast and help the reader understand the vision, motivation, and inspiration that give impetus to the artists and inform their work.
- Author BiographyThe Furniture Society is a nonprofit, educational organization founded in 1996 to advance the art of furniture making by inspiring creativity, promoting excellence and fostering an understanding of this art and its place in society.
- Author(s)The Furniture Society
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note250+ colour photos
- Weight1115 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.